Small Woodland Owners' Group

Ghosts in woods

Topics that don't easily fit anywhere else!

Postby Exeldama » Fri May 22, 2009 7:40 pm

In fear of being lampooned across the British isles...has anyone seen one. ??

Given as quoted on a previous thread...woods indeed nature carry an ethereal quality, spiritual whatever that is to an individual....thus in my small brain Ghostly encounters and stories are good food and woodlands a fine place to cross swords with such...hey if i were one i would be happy floating around amongst the trees.

I often tell my kids such tales, they like them...i think....

Exeldama

Postby jillybean » Wed May 27, 2009 5:52 pm

I spend all day alone in my wood, and dont think i would enjoy meeting a ghost, but have had no feelings of malacious presence or spooky encounters. It feels surprisingly calm and very gentle there, even in bad weather.

jillybean

Postby Exeldama » Wed May 27, 2009 8:12 pm

No scarey thoughts meant.... though met a lady recently who told me there was a suggestion that a guy had been buried in her wood...apparently he used to work there.

Ghosts are probably very nice anyway.

Exeldama

Postby jillybean » Thu May 28, 2009 6:14 am

If one thinks how long many woods have been there, Its inevitable that murders, suicides, rape, beatings robbery, the burial of loot, conceptions proposals and maybe pagan rituals may have all be carried out in the vicinity. which brings us back to Tracys metal detector. My wood is on a Roman road, I have yet to explore that side of things.

jillybean

Postby tracy » Thu May 28, 2009 7:38 am

What a cheerful list Jillybean! lol.

You can be buried in your woodland if you want to

http://www.woodlands.co.uk/blog/conservation/green-burial-can-i-be-buried-in-my-woodland/

tracy

Return to General