Small Woodland Owners' Group

Is it me or have all the interesting topics deided....

Topics that don't easily fit anywhere else!

Postby greyman » Mon May 04, 2009 8:52 pm

Excuse me if this seems a shade contentious but was this a sensible serious site for small woodland owners or have we all gone off and been replaced by wishy washy 'I am so glad I'm living the dream".....types

greyman

Postby RichardKing » Tue May 05, 2009 5:38 am

Yes you are right Greyman,

lets get back to reality.

(But on the other hand I have not laughed so much in years).

RichardKing

Postby tracy » Tue May 05, 2009 8:47 am

Laughter is a great thing, and I am living the dream Greyman ;-) You know you are too!?

lol

tracy

Postby Underwoodsman » Tue May 05, 2009 10:43 am

Greyman just because someone believes in something that others think is eccentric does not make them "wishy washy I am so glad I am living the dream types". After all if, 20 years ago, Chris hadn't stuck to her eccentric belief that you could use adhesives rather than solder to stick electronic components into packages for the space industry, many satellites would still be sitting on the ground waiting for someone else to come up with the idea so fewer satellites would be available and you would have to wait for the next one to come over the horizon to make your sat nav work. We now run a reasonably successful woodland management, fencing contracting , firewood & charcoal making business and the only dream we have is that this summer will be better than the last two so we can get all the coppice areas fenced before the deer get in there again.

Richard you may have thought it funny but calling other peoples posts crap just because you do not believe in something is not very constructive . If you had chosen to ignore it, as most did, you would not have got in to a pointless argument and hijacked Tracy’s post on metal detectors.

Getting back to living a dream a lot of people thought, and probably still do, that Ben Law was just a little odd doing what he is doing. Judging by the latest "grand designs" program he and his family are doing well on it so good luck to him.

Underwoodsman

Postby tracy » Tue May 05, 2009 10:50 am

Shall we consider this topic closed? I think we shall. We are all entitled to our opinions, and I do know that none of us mean anyone any harm or offence. Lets get back to the chatter about woodlands.

T

tracy

Postby Underwoodsman » Tue May 05, 2009 11:00 am

Ok just got bored waiting for the weather to clear, you know idle hands and all that :)

Underwoodsman

Return to General