Small Woodland Owners' Group

spring

Topics that don't easily fit anywhere else!

spring

Postby smudge » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:07 pm

Hi went out the woods Saturday & spring has arrived lovely day snowdrops & miniature daffodils I planted in October all out with primroses had my best day since buying woods 2 years ago all the work put in is now paying off had coffee by stream pond full of frogspawn catkins flutter in the wind all types of birds feeding even a golden pheasant was here best thing I done was to put bench seats in the nice areas of woods will plant more bulbs in autumn,
smudge

Re: spring

Postby Rich » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:50 pm

It's got to be my favourite season!
Mind you I think one of the great things about owning or working in the woods is the way it makes you appreciate the seasons more. I could never stand winter, but now I see it as an opportunity for firewood, coppicing, hedge laying .... all exhausting work, so now the opportunity to slow down a bit and watch winter turn to spring is very welcome!

[email protected]
www.swog.org.uk
Rich

Re: spring

Postby Bearwood » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:08 pm

It is a truly amazing time, however like Rich, I see spring as the official 'end' to the busiest season of winter. I'm not one to fell during the nesting season, so I tend to kick back and have a cider amongst the piles of cordwood.
Bearwood

Return to General