Small Woodland Owners' Group

Short walk-through

Topics that don't easily fit anywhere else!

Re: Short walk-through

Postby Zathras » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:16 pm

dredger99 wrote:Lovely vid Zathras.
The river that runs along your wood is beautiful, do you get fishing rights?
I have a small river / stream along the boundary of mine and the sound of running trickling water is so soothing i love it.
:)
Your wood looks very peaceful and full of character and i'm sure now the woods are at full bloom that your can hardly see the wood for the tree's :lol: (sorry) :oops: couldn't resist.

I'm not sure of the swearing rules on this forum so i won't but when i see mindless vandalism it really :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: me off..

The water is private and rights owned by a club, so I joined the club to fish it legally as it was only a small cost. But I suspect they wouldn't enforce it in reality for a landowner, and nobody else has access to my land to fish it from my side.

The woods are very green now - you get an idea of that in the opposite bank walk video which was taken around July last year.

Completely forgot the walk-though was from the day we found the vandalism and that was still included at the end of the walk-through video. Oops, oh well. We now keep some cut firewood in the broken locker for camping trips and take everything else with us. I was very angry at the time and was a lesson learnt the hard way but I'm completely over it now, just a shame it's not possible to leave even well locked up stuff in the middle of nowhere to make life a bit easier.
Zathras

Previous

Return to General