Small Woodland Owners' Group

Its life Gym, but not as we know it

Topics that don't easily fit anywhere else!

Re: Its life Gym, but not as we know it

Postby Dexter's Shed » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:59 pm

we should have "like" buttons on this forum
Dexter's Shed

Postby Rankinswood » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:27 am

I see that I am not alone in the practice of providing our woodland as the final resting place for immediate family relatives.

We chose to scatter (rather than bury) their ashes around trees that those family members had either planted or had planted for them in the hope that some small part of their last earthly remains might be absorbed by the growing tree to provide those of us that remain earth bound with a focal point where we can pay our respects by spending a moment in peace and quiet thinking about past times and shared lives.

Their spirits now run free with the wind through the woods.

Rankinswood
Rankinswood

Postby Landpikey » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:01 pm

dredger99 wrote:Landpikey.
Hopefully in a few weeks time i will be taking a beautifully painted camouflage :shock: caravan into the woods so if you see me going about pop in for a brew.
(I will post pre and post pictures on the forum)
Dredger

Hey Dredger - I look forward to catching up. I'm back soon so will hopefully be spending time (maybe camping too!) there with the rugrats. If my missus has a look at your van it may push her to get one for ours! :D

OCP - sorry to hear your sad news.

We have owned our woods for just under 18 months and when we showed my Father in Law around it he said "you can bury me here". Then last August he passed away and my wife still has his ashes in the cupboard so perhaps we should lay him to rest this summer. I like the idea of planting a specific tree so that everyone has a focal point and the kids can call "Grandad's tree".

I can only agree on all fronts on the health front. Exercise, stretching, well being, relaxation, fresh air, sleeping better, contact with nature and the seasons.... the list is nearly endless.
Landpikey

Previous

Return to General