Small Woodland Owners' Group

Appeal for Information

Topics that don't easily fit anywhere else!

Postby RichardKing » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:08 am

Has anyone spotted a small old van painted a very unusual orange/peach colour ? A man in a wool hat was seen loading logs in the layby near my wood on the B2244 about a mile north of Cripps Corner on Thursday afternoon last week. I doubt that he had come far so probably in the Robertsbridge/Staplecross/Bodium/Cripps Corner area. Please let me or the Sussex Police know.

RichardKing

Postby admin » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:39 am

I really hope you get this sorted soon Richard! I am sure some of us have some guns we could bring....

admin
Site Admin

Postby RichardKing » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:32 pm

I am fairly confident of getting result on this. Isabel Fisher (South Elephant Wood) responded to my email with a description of the "small old van painted a very unusual orange/peach colour". I spoke to the local beat officer, he strongly dissuaded me from attempting to start searching the local area for it. I think he might have a suspect in mind.

RichardKing

Postby The Sawyer » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:34 pm

Hi Richard, if your local beat officer has suggested you don't serch for it, as you say he A) has a suspect and B) this suspect has a record for violence. by the sounds of it they dont seem to be worried about being seen which is usually a bad sign.

hope you get this resolved soon

ttfn kester

The Sawyer

Postby greyman » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:20 pm

Tracy's comment has been deleted off this page on the grounds that it was highly contentious and might have brought the whole woodland community into disrepute (and I've been given the keys to Pandora's box). What say Tracy? ;~))

greyman

Postby tracy » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:00 pm

I wonder how many people are trying to remember what I said? lol. Although I did tell Greyman to practise his moderating on me.... I am beginning to worry!

Richard, how are you getting on with your tree thief?

Tracy

tracy

Postby RichardKing » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:46 am

Nothing as yet, but they may be busy with more serious crimes, or watching the suspects. I hear that in my area a couple of shipping containers used for storage in woods were stolen complete with their contents. Anyone know anything more?

RichardKing

Return to General