Small Woodland Owners' Group

Hello from France

Say Hello and tell others about yourself and your wood.

Postby TrishaA » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:42 pm

Bonjour to all,

A quick introduction to say we have a home in France which has 7½ acres, mostly fields with a little parkland to the front of the house which has a 200+ old oak tree, a wonderful specimen. We are trying to make the house self sufficient in fuel as it currently has a oil fired boiler. Last year I planted 21 fruit trees and now we are turning our attention to making 2½ acres coppice woodland. We are complete novices and so any help is very welcome.

TrishaA

Postby greyman » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:50 pm

Hello Trisha,

Nice to hear from you - I've been scurfing the net all morning for camping sites around Dijon so it was a bit strange to find your post here just 4 hours ago. Stick around as I'm sure there will as much help as you need - if you have a question there is usually someone who either knows the answer or knows a man (or woman) that does!

Greyman

greyman

Postby TrishaA » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:29 pm

Dijon is lovely, I'm sure you won't find it hard to find a good campsite around that area, good luck. A trip to Beaune is also worthwhile.

TrishaA

Postby coppiceer » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:50 am

Hello Trisha,

I have some notes on my experiences in starting a coppice woodland on my website

www.swepstonecoppice.co.uk .

coppiceer

Return to Introductions