Small Woodland Owners' Group

And now the fun starts :-)

Say Hello and tell others about yourself and your wood.

Postby adam » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:01 pm

Hi All,

After what seems like a long time chasing solicitors etc, my wife Lesley and I are now the proud owners of a little 7 acre patch of woodland in Gloucestershire.

We've spent some time creating a more detailed "map" of the woodland showing the tracks in the right places and have started to draft what we hope will evolve into a management plan to put in front of the local authority (the woodland is covered by a TPO) but of course there's a lot more to think about now we own it and have access. With any luck we'll be able to more confidently identify the trees if they can cooperate and burst into leaf in the next few weeks :-)

I'll apologise in advance if I pop up asking some stupid questions here over the next few months ... we both have a lot to learn but are looking forward to it.

Adam.

adam

Postby John H » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:10 pm

Well done, I have not heard of anyone who has regretted buying woodland.

John

John H

Postby tracy » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:17 pm

Great to hear from you Adam and ask as many questions as you like ;-) we all learn from the chats on the forum. Enjoy the Spring!

tracy

Postby jillybean » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:23 pm

How lovely to get your wood at this magic time of year. Im excited for you !

jillybean

Postby James M » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:10 pm

Welcome to the club! The only criterion for membership is that your friends think you mad!

Remember it's your wood not the governments - what the eye don't see the heart don't grieve for.

J.

James M

Postby woodbodger » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:29 pm

Now is when you start finding out how much unexpected simple pleasures there are in having a wood, get a book on fungi, insects and rodents and buy a squirrel trap.

woodbodger

Return to Introductions