Small Woodland Owners' Group

wood troll, France

Say Hello and tell others about yourself and your wood.

Postby wood troll » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:47 pm

Hi everyone,

I hope you will welcome a woodworker living in le Loir valley, France.

I live in a small valley that feeds into the Loir (which is a different valley slightly north from the famous La Loire...confusing but that's the french for you). The land is about 14 acres (2 under house and outbuildings, 2 under a lake, 2 with oak/hazel, 2 being allowed to become woodland and the rest pasture and garden trying to revert to woodland) with pasture to the south and oak woodland to the north. There are plans afoot for us to open up as a centre of healing once there has been some conversion of buildings.

My time is spent between improving my woodworking skills and the unkeep/conversion of this wonderful 16th centuary propery. Whilst not working at home I tend to earn a crust undertaking other people's tree surgery, woodwork, stonework, roofwork..... well most things involving cutting, drilling, sticking and banging things !

Looking forward to hearing from all you SWOGs,

wood troll

wood troll

Postby tracy » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:14 pm

Hi Wood troll, brilliant to hear from you - you are officially our furtherest away member! Look forward to hearing how you are getting on with all your projects.

tracy

Return to Introductions