Small Woodland Owners' Group

New member in North Wales

Say Hello and tell others about yourself and your wood.

Postby Stephen1 » Sun May 10, 2009 8:46 am

I'm a new member in North Wales mailing to say Hi! We have a very mixed wood looking out over the Conwy Valley. Hoping to make contact with other woodland owners or enthusiasts in the area to swap ideas, knowledge, contacts etc.

Stephen1

Postby tracy » Sun May 10, 2009 3:11 pm

Good to meet you Stephen1. If you are going to Woodfest in N Wales, come and say hello to us in the woodlands tent. Looking forward to your ideas and knowledge on the forum. What would you say are the main needs of woodland owners in Wales?

Tracy

tracy

Postby Stephen1 » Mon May 11, 2009 8:39 am

Hi Tracy

Thanks for the welcome

We'll be going to the Woodfest so we'll certainly pop in and see you!

Main needs for woodland owners in Wales? Well I think the first thing is not to think of Wales as a single region. The road and rail links between north and south wales are very poor compared to similar distances in England - Business links etc. in wales are more East to West with the adjacent bit of england than North to South within Wales.

For me the best thing would be the chance to meet up with other owners and perhaps look at forming co-operatives in terms of equipment, ideas and outlets for produce.

Stephen1

Postby tracy » Fri May 15, 2009 3:27 pm

Thanks, that is helpful! I will get my head around Wales a bit, I hope that the woodfest will be a real help to knowing more about the area - and being guided by you folk on what you would like.

Anyone else in Stephens area like to make contact with him?

tracy

Return to Introductions