Small Woodland Owners' Group

New to the fold, woodland owner in Kent

Say Hello and tell others about yourself and your wood.

Postby jillybean » Thu May 07, 2009 4:02 pm

I have one or two dangerous trees near the road. Ash I believe, that will have to come down soon .

Any local firms fancy giving me a Quote? the site is 5 miles die south of Canterbury. the timber will be for sale too, they must be about 20 inches in diameter. and 30 -40 ft high at a guess. I dont know if they are rotten or just leaning. Thanks

jillybean

Postby SilvaEnergy » Sat May 09, 2009 3:37 pm

Hi Jilly

We might be able to take these trees down for you. We should be able to do it some time in June. I'm over Canterbury way this tuesday so if I could take a look at the 'offenders' I'll be able to supply you a quote. As we would also be interested in the wood from the trees we can give a discount on the quote as well. If you could give me the location of your wood and of the trees in question that would be great. (A grid ref or lat/long will do). Might be better if you email this info to keep details private.

Regards

Peter

SilvaEnergy

Postby Toby Allen » Sat May 09, 2009 7:02 pm

Good Luck.

Remember, every time you touch a bit of wood it goes up in value. Standing trees are worth very little, when its felled the value goes up, extract it and add a bit more, turn it into something then you get a better price, if you sell the product too you get all the money.

Toby Allen

Postby jillybean » Mon May 11, 2009 6:22 pm

Wise words Toby. Ill let you know how I get on.

jillybean

Postby jillybean » Fri May 15, 2009 12:41 pm

Ive had an extremly good meeting with the Forestry commission, and am feeling very positive about the future. Got another one on Monday and hope to meet our local madame butterfly as well. I can certanly recommend talking to them. they were very helpful and full of good sound advice.

jillybean

Previous

Return to Introductions