Small Woodland Owners' Group

You are now the proud owner of a small woodland

Say Hello and tell others about yourself and your wood.

Re: You are now the proud owner of a small woodland

Postby smojo » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:31 am

Then the mind slows down and joins the nature around you

Spot on. We are reminded that we too are part of nature. Our highly developed human world - cities, manufactured goods, media etc has created a false barrier between humans and the rest of nature and we forget that we belong with the earth and all living things have a connection. We share the same air, our bodies are constructed of the same raw materials we are not separate. It's great to re-connect with that. Can't wait for my next visit.
smojo

Postby The Barrowers » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:29 pm

Enjoy, Relax, Relax some more and Enjoy all over again

B and T
B and T
The Barrowers
The Barrowers

Postby smojo » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:31 am

Thanks - I have to keep reminding myself not to try do too much. So many ideas and jobs I want to do, there's a danger of burning myself out. I'm trying to develop a regime of - sit for a while and enjoy, do a little bit of work, sit and so. I'm sure after a few visits I'll start to calm down a bit. My daughter summed it up when she said she'd be "running around all over the place like a young puppy". Well not so much a run for me, more an amble.
smojo

Postby SitkaSpruce » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:19 pm

well done!
It's great that moment when they call to confirm it.
Do take time just to sit and enjoy. get to know it. all the corners. I'm still counting the trees- best way I think of going to every bit of your wood.
had my wood over 2 yrs, still making paths, starting to thin the very dense natural regeneration and making plans. still not been into an area of about 1 hectare- yes really!- very dense regrowth and ditches and the old stumps from the previous felling.
take lots of photos
Enjoy!
SitkaSpruce

Previous

Return to Introductions