Small Woodland Owners' Group

You are now the proud owner of a small woodland

Say Hello and tell others about yourself and your wood.

You are now the proud owner of a small woodland

Postby smojo » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:51 pm

I picked up the phone today and a voice said "You are now the proud owner of a small piece of woodland". My heart soars like an eagle. Or in the words of the Pointer Sisters "I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control and I think I like it". I can't remember when I last felt like this - my head is full of expletives. These moments don't happen often in a person's life. So I just had to tell someone who "understands". A big thanks to all of you who have advised, encouraged and taken the trouble to read my frequent postings. Probably won't get the keys till early next week and then it's "School's out for summer, school's out for ever". :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
smojo

Re: You are now the proud owner of a small woodland

Postby oldclaypaws » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:33 pm

I am so sorry Smojo to hear that you have now given up all conventions and dogma and joined that irrational and idealist bunch of weird treehuggers, woodland owners. What a strange and money wasting thing to do. How will you look after it? It doesnt get any guaranteed income does it?

All you can do with it is have a few logs, sit on it drinking tea, watch birds, plant stuff, feel at one with nature, forget the rest of the world, maybe make a few bits and bobs, spend special moments with friends and family, learn to observe the intimate effect of time, the elements and our own presence on a holistic living environment.

You could have spent it instead on the things that really matter; a Hermes handbag, a month in Benidorm, a weekend in a health resort, some designer teas shirts, and a nice set of mahogany garden furniture for our spacious semi in Boring on Widdle, and a life of glorious unfulfilled disconnected consumerist indifference.

Welcome to a new look on life, Smojo. May your happiness blossom with the spring flowers and every moment be as fruitful as the autumn harvest. :D
oldclaypaws

Postby boxerman » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:38 pm

That's great news news smojo. Can only imagine how you're feeling right now - enjoy..
Phil

https://twitter.com/boxermanphil for my Badger videos
boxerman

Postby smojo » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:45 pm

boxerman wrote:That's great news news smojo. Can only imagine how you're feeling right now - enjoy..

Thanks. You're not a million miles away from it. Maybe you'd like to visit sometime when I get settled in.
smojo

Postby smojo » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:08 pm

You could have spent it instead on the things that really matter; a Hermes handbag,

Cheers mate. Already got the handbag and matching make-up purse. Might upcycle them to a tea-mashing kit and something to keep my firesteel and King Alfred cakes in.
smojo

Postby Bearwood » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:58 pm

Congratulations Smojo. The best thing you've ever done? Probably!
Bearwood

Postby boxerman » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:48 pm

Thanks. You're not a million miles away from it. Maybe you'd like to visit sometime when I get settled in.

Thanks - would love to when you get settled - I really need to get around a few before I'm in a position to buy.
Phil

https://twitter.com/boxermanphil for my Badger videos
boxerman

Postby Dexter's Shed » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:49 pm

congrats smojo, popped in ours today and wondered why we couldn't stay forever, you'll get those thoughts too soon enough
Dexter's Shed

Postby greyman » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:28 pm

If you smile anymore I suspect your head ud fall in half! We 've owned ours for 7 years now and I still say to Mrs Greyman 'we've got a wood Mrs,we really went an dunnit!' Then she reminds me we have to get the kiln loaded cos such and such want 20 bags a charcoal...
Well done and really hope you enjoy it
greyman

Postby outeredge » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:15 pm

Great news smojo - your new life begins today!
outeredge

Next

Return to Introductions