Small Woodland Owners' Group

New woodland owner

Say Hello and tell others about yourself and your wood.

Re: New woodland owner

Postby Dexter's Shed » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:49 pm

oldclaypaws wrote:Footnote; we have already done two family burials in our wood, all feeds the trees. :)

same here, mum & dad would love it,
Dexter's Shed

Postby smojo » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:44 am

I'm so envious, sounds just like what I am wanting to do. I'm retired and ready now for a new adventure but only just started looking for a wood and it seems like it will be almost impossible to find one near enough and within my budget. Anyway well done and enjoy.
smojo

Postby Dexter's Shed » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:43 pm

smojo wrote:I'm so envious, sounds just like what I am wanting to do. I'm retired and ready now for a new adventure but only just started looking for a wood and it seems like it will be almost impossible to find one near enough and within my budget. Anyway well done and enjoy.

we have to be careful smojo, as the forum police will be along any minute to say this post is changing track, but just keep looking, its amazing how things seem to work themselves out
we started looking at the tail end of 2012, visited a few that didn't tick any boxes, but then found ours online, didn't visit as the funds were still not in the bank, and of course it got sold, it felt like I had been kicked in the stomach, a month or so later the purchase feel through and it went back up for sale two days before Christmas, so we paid a hasty visit and bought it,
Dexter's Shed

Postby smudge » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:48 pm

Your so right only seen advert by chance hardly ever go to this shop looked at noticeboard saw advert rang chap up bought it soon as I saw it been looking for a couple of years never give up,When you think of fertilizer for garden blood fish bone best fertilizer going 2 out of three aint bad my death will give life to a tree, leaving in will to family hopefully generations of family will enjoy picking fruit, picnic, barbecue, nice walk, feed birds etc better than leaving them money they waste,just came back from woods started sowing seeds of wildflowers (hope we get nice summer) sat down had coffee overlooking pond birds busy feeding sound of running water lifes not so bad after all happy days,
smudge

Postby smojo » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:22 pm

forum police - oooer. Thanks for encouragement folks
smojo

Previous

Return to Introductions