Small Woodland Owners' Group

Hello from Herefordshire

Say Hello and tell others about yourself and your wood.

Re: Hello from Herefordshire

Postby Woodsmith » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:27 pm

TerryH wrote:Hi Andy, Sounds like a nice woodland you have got there and in a lovely part of England too ( my sister lived in Ledbury and then Little Malvern so I have visited the area quite a bit). Have to echo the comment made about 'doing nothing' for a year and therefore getting to know how things develop through the seasons before making any changes.
We bought our wood last winter and I was thinking the other day how glad that we didn't buy it this winter because I would have been absolutely despairing at the number of trees coming down in the high winds and rain.. and thinking that it was going to be like this every year! It takes a bit of time and observation to know what's normal and what's not I suppose...
Please keep us posted with your adventures in Herefordshire woodland...

Hi Terry

Thanks for the nice comments, we live near Ledbury. As posted at the beginning we intend to just watch for a year to see what goes on and then tread lightly. I don't really want to alter much then, perhaps make a small clearing and clear a path or two. We hope we haven't lost any trees to last Saturdays storm-but it's nature I suppose if we have.

Cheers Andy :)
Woodsmith

Previous

Return to Introductions