Small Woodland Owners' Group

Introducing...

Say Hello and tell others about yourself and your wood.

Postby PeterRandall » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:04 am

Hello everyone. Just signed up to this forum - surprised I never found it before. I am a working woodsman, currently based in Kettering, Northants. I work in practical woodland management and produce various timber based products. I am looking for a woodland with a receptive owner in which to establish myself on a long term basis - managing the woods themselves on a yearly programme of works as required, and set up a bit of a workshop area to add value to the timber that is harvested. I use the term workshop in its loosest sense - basically an area to work in, possibly using a tarp or similar as shelter from the elements.

At present I am working in various woodlands, cutting as required but with no attachment to the site or long term input on the overall management. I come from a background of sustainable woodland management, and seek to establish myself working in this way. I am relatively new to this area so only have limited contacts here, hence my plea for help finding someone in this area who might be interested in coming to some sort of arrangement with me.

All suggestions welcomed, thanks>

PeterRandall

Postby tracy » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:06 am

Great to hear from you Peter and hope you get a chance to meet some of our members and owners soon

Tracy

tracy

Postby PeterRandall » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:13 am

Thanks Tracy. I actually had what was hopefully a very productive meeting regarding some work space yesterday, awaiting confirmation. If all goes well I can set up a workshop, store timber and burn charcoal - all on the same site. Still keen to hear from woodland owners who are interested in low impact sustainable woodland management, but it's good to have a promising starting point for now.

PeterRandall

Postby katherineklinger » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:25 am

Dear Peter - I would welcome talking with you as I'd be happy to come to some kind of arrangement with you. Even though I think the location of my woodland-Surrey/Hampshire border- might mean it's simply not workable from a geography point of view-if you'd like to talk more, please ring me anytime on 07973 775556. all the best Katherine

katherineklinger

Return to Introductions