Small Woodland Owners' Group

Rites of Passage

Say Hello and tell others about yourself and your wood.

Postby Paulx » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:40 pm

Dear All, Simon from Woodlands suggested I post here due to the large number of pubic spirited woodland owners in SWOG. We are an ever growing group of men based on the south coast from Brighton through Eastbourne and over to Hastings that are part of a charitable organisation called A Band Of Brothers. Our core objective is to help and support young adults that have not had a good start to life and usually no steady male role model.

We feel and know through experience that 'Rites of Passage' has a very positive effect on young men and even young ladies. The group has carried out many of these weekends with some of the most challenging young people in our area with some amazing results......I could rattle on but wont…… What we dearly need is a piece of woodland or several pieces of woodland that we can use for these very special weekends. All events are run by volunteers and have to be funded by donation or the generosity of the dedicated volunteers. Ideally we would be able to buy a piece of woodland ( 5-10 acres) at an affordable price ( 5-10K). Other than that, the rights or permission to use a space for the sole purpose of our objectives.

We would need to have a temporary main wooden structure that could have a canvas thrown over when we are there clearing for some tents and a place to put up some compost toilets and basic out door showers as minimum… water would be great but we can bring it in and wood for the camp fire… We also embrace others who feel they could help these young people and become ‘part of the solution’ to something that will not go away without some unconditional empathy and support for these young people.

Please help if you can even just by talking about it with others.. All suggestions will be gratefully received.

My Number is 07915 055108 and my email is [email protected]

Thanks for listening

Paul

Paulx

Return to Introductions