Small Woodland Owners' Group

Kelly Kettle video

Camp fires, shelters, wild food, making things, children and more....

Postby greyman » Fri May 20, 2011 11:09 am

Hellooo,

I resemble those remarks!

The point I was making - and remember -we are allowed to have personal opinions - was that I make mistakes, I get things wrong, but for ME - I wouldn't want to put them on youtube for the whole universe to look at. If those who feel inclinded to this shape of kidney are happy to put it out there that is, of course, up to them. I did just voice my opinion that I found it dull, thought it makes the 'alternative' team player' look a bit wishy washy and being someone who has spent his life out there in the rough and tumble of the industrial workplace, has had to listen to the stone throwers on a reglier basis! T'was not a bad day for me in particular, if I remember : the line of work I am in gets huuuuge amounts of flack so I know that 'getting presentation and information right' is very important.

I resteth my case 'cos it's getting very heavy and I am old,sad and grey.

An' achoolee - I did write an article for the SWOG on firing up my small drum charcoal kiln: I don't know if it is still hidden away around here somewhere. I'm looking at putting something together for our slightly bigger ring kiln that I can use at this summers Wood Fair at Bentley in Sussex. You wouldn't want me narrating it though - I sound too much like Mr Bean... ;~)

Greyman

greyman

Postby steve rollnick » Sat May 21, 2011 7:12 am

Greyman,

dont be down, because your comedy and branch of English language gets this tree shaking with mirth.

I'm from South Africa (living in Wales), and the way you write or speak sounds like you live in a weird 16th Century cauldron of buzzing and chaotic humanity. I've been around these islands, but never heard anyone speak using words like "Twas....".

As an old Ape from the Cape, I just dont get it how using a kelley kettle has anything to do with an "alternative" lifestyle. Dont waste your wonderful language and wisdom on youtube internet things.

I think I found your piece on charcoal making, because its got a sentence of 16th century-like writing that just has to be yours ("Now conjure an image of fluttering calendar pages peeling away the years stopping around 2007 when the author had taken early retirement"). Its on http://www.swog.org.uk/2008/11/. Have I got it right?

Go grizzly go

Steve

steve rollnick

Postby greyman » Mon May 23, 2011 8:04 pm

Steve,

:-) in upper case 72 point!!!

Er, not sure where the 16th Century comes in but I am partial to a bit of Terry Pratchett and 'uvver such writters!

Yep - that sounds like wot I rote.

Don't suppose you get much chance to fire up the Braai too often out there in the wilds of welsh Wales. Still I bet you're laughing at us up on the Sussex Weald drying out like a slug dancing on salt!

You have yer welf a lekka day now.

Love and Bananas,

Greyman

greyman

Previous

Return to Woodland Activities