Small Woodland Owners' Group

Help available for Woodland work.

Camp fires, shelters, wild food, making things, children and more....

Postby Martin Atkins BTCV » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:05 pm

BTCV at Ninfield run 31 week courses in countryside management.Students gain a NVQ level 1 or 2 and Chainsaw cs30/cs31. We are looking for additional sites to work with teams for a nominal cost usually approx £85 per day. Projects which have previously undertaken include, coppicing,felling,brushcutter clearance, post n rail fencing,strained wire fencing, stiles,boardwalks,surveys,ride clearance,indeed most woodland work could be included in the course. These teams consist of 8-9 students with at least one trainer. If you think we may be able to help each other please do not hesitate to contact me, Martin Atkins

Martin Atkins BTCV

Postby RichardKing » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:16 am

I own some woodland west of Staplecross & have current felling licenses for coppice and thinning a Scots pine plantation. I might be interested.

RichardKing

Postby Martin Atkins BTCV » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:11 am

Hello Richard, i am busy teaching today but have an assisstant tomorrow and could contact you directly then if you send your details to me at; [email protected] Thinning a Scots pine plantation would fit directly in with our current course, look forward to speaking to you, Martin

Martin Atkins BTCV

Return to Woodland Activities