Small Woodland Owners' Group

Wild camping

Camp fires, shelters, wild food, making things, children and more....

Postby Bolo » Fri May 22, 2009 8:58 am

Hi everyone my name is Justin i contacted Mr Simon Feltham in regards to finding woodland owners,that would allow wild camping/bushcraft and he kindly pointed me to this forum.So if there is any woodland owners in Surrey an Kent area that would be happy for a small group of people(max 5) to camp in there woods,please leave a contact E-mail or phone number on this site an i will contact you.I'm a very considerate camper no rubbish or destruction should be left or done and any fire made should be contained an supervised,so that others an nature can enjoy the woodland.I thank you all for reading my post an hope to hear from someone soon.

Bolo

Postby tracy » Fri May 22, 2009 9:54 am

Hi Bolo

Good to meet you. I am sure what will help you find somewhere would be if you offered something in exchange! A little bit of work, moving some logs, digging a hole... ;-) What do you think?

All the best!

Tracy

tracy

Postby Bolo » Fri May 22, 2009 11:23 am

Hi Tracy thanks for the welcome an reply,if someone did offer camping in their woods i was going to offer paying as in the case of Glyn Y Mul Farm,Lone Wolf Campsite in south wales they charge five pound per night per person.But i would also be happy to help move some logs for the owners instead and hope this helps people consider my request.

Thanks again Tracy

Bolo

Postby Keith Williams » Fri May 22, 2009 1:43 pm

Hi Bolo; I'm a wannabe, not yet a wood owner. I currently help at a Kent survival school - you need to go on the courses first and you are expected to be of use, but this enables me to get out into the woods now and then. I'm currently going for voluntary early retirement - I work for a major bank (Boo Hiss) which is cutting back. That may leave me extra time to assist owners in Essex / Kent in return for enjoying their woods.

Keith Williams

Return to Woodland Activities