Small Woodland Owners' Group

outdoor shower

Camp fires, shelters, wild food, making things, children and more....

Postby van77 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm

Steve your watering can idea is brilliant, I'll be using that in my woods soon, when I get it,

Regards

Brett ( fellow SAFA)

van77

Postby Exeldama » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:02 pm

ditto... simple watering can that goes on the fire then hangs on a pivot and gives me a fine wash.If you end up putting in central heating you may as well stay at home.

Exeldama

Postby happybonzo » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:37 pm

The pressure wate rsparyaers are pretty good. I used one for a long time with a self built motorhome I had

These showers from Zodi seem to be getting a lot of attention now - http://www.zodi.com/

Coleman also make something similar but it has not received such good write-ups

Both are available on Ebay

happybonzo

Postby woodbodger » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:49 pm

I think the use of the wood burning stove is out because of the risks involved with water temperature control but a reasonably simple solution would be a gas water heater for a caravan, 12 volt battery (car extension lead) and a caravan water pump. Quite easy to set up and reliable. http://www.caravanaccessoryshop.co.uk/product/morco-d61e-lpg-water-heater/268

woodbodger

Postby woodbodger » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:20 pm

There is another possibility that comes to me which involves using a pressure cooker,( which comes complete with it's own safety valves) and a caravan pump with inbuilt pressure switch. The pump basically provides water through the bottom of the pressure cooker, hot water is drawn off the top to go to a shower hot mixer tap, supply to the cold mixer tap is direct from the pump. The connections to the pressure cooker could be made using washing machine hoses.

I am just presenting this to encourage thought on this matter rather than a fixed solution: What would the safety implications be?

woodbodger

Postby Andy M » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:42 pm

This looks tempting when I am feeling soft - http://www.belltent.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_20&products_id=257

Andy M

Postby ben1 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:06 pm

hi could you change the flue so the heat would heat the watern as it past by .i.e a header tank in the flue a large round peace of pipe would work cold feed at the top and hot at the bottom ,could send drawing if you like.

ben

ben1

Postby Solar Wood » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:26 pm

Really basic but how about stripping down to the basics and a hot wattery bucket with a soapy flannel ( it works in hospitals so should be okay in woods) We do not have a water supply so we have to carry every fluid oz in, so use it with caution. B and T

Solar Wood

Previous

Return to Woodland Activities