Small Woodland Owners' Group

small cordless chainsaws

Camp fires, shelters, wild food, making things, children and more....

Postby DaveTaz » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:14 pm

Steve, try lantra for chainsaw training courses

www.lantracoursefinder.co.uk

type in your postcode and the type of training you are interested and it should produce a list

hope this helps

our woodland is in North Wales near Ruthin

DaveTaz

Postby Binz » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:05 am

When i read the battery chainsaw review I interpreted it's conclusion as; they are good if you have 2 (or more) batteries so you can have 1 on charge while the other is in use, therefore OK at / close to home. Didn't the review mention they got 1 hours use from a battery? so if you use it in the woods you may run out of power before your 1st tea break.

Would also add that whatever saw you get, keeping it properly sharpened should reduce the amount of power/effort consumed when using it.

Binz

Postby The Sawyer » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:51 pm

Hi everyone, as with others haven't read the review but I would think that they may be ok for cutting up logs in the garden but in the Big bad world of the woods most trees would laugh at a battery powered saw.

As far as safety clothing is concerned it is a must with any power tools, as a professional chainsaw user it frightens me that you can walk into any diy shop and by a 50cc chainsaw with out the right training or clothing. non of the Professional dealers I by from will let you leave the shop without seen you license although this is to cover them 99% of the time.

any how that is my two Penney worth.

ttfn

The Sawyer

Postby The Sawyer » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:47 pm

Hi all Just had a chance to look at the review. I have the following observation:

1. I note that these are both top handle (tree surgery)type saws which for a Professional like me are are band for use at ground level due to the risk of kick back, although I do note that they are both fitted with a nose guard which will minimise this.

ttfn kester

The Sawyer

Previous

Return to Woodland Activities