Small Woodland Owners' Group

Grey Squirrels

Camp fires, shelters, wild food, making things, children and more....

Postby tracy » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:24 pm

Thanks to John, Rod and Heather for a great day to find out more about squirrel control - and thanks to all those who came. I will do a write up soon!

tracy

Postby greyman » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:09 pm

And I'd just like to thank all those who gamely came and pushed me out of the mud too. Sorry if your car got a bit muddy too Rod! Thanks one and all for an interesting (if somewhat chilly) morning.

greyman

Postby John - SEPS » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:54 pm

Thank you to everyone that attended the trapping session and thank you to heather and rod for the hospitality.

Some thing that might be worth watching on channel 4.

Squirrel Wars: Red v Grey, showing Friday February 6th on Channel 4 at 7:35pm.

carlight - a very interesting read is the grey squirrel review - profile of an invasive species Grey Squirrel by Louise Huxley. A lot of my teachings on squirrel control/prevention are in this document, I have come to the conclusion that through my many years experience in the control of squirrels “the little critters don’t s read the books”!!!

John - SEPS

Postby The Sawyer » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:39 pm

Hi all, as people seem to like quoting me I think I'll chip in again.

To answer your question Colin Yes as an Ecologist and Woodland manager I would expect animals in a woodland, but Grey squirrels A not a native species and do untold damage to both trees and other wildlife, fact!!! as far as lighting the blue touch paper goes I prefer nitroglycerin in bread :-)

ttfn kester

The Sawyer

Previous

Return to Woodland Activities