Small Woodland Owners' Group

Hi From Norfolk

A place to introduce yourself to your woodland neighbours exchange ideas and information, pool resources and report incidences.

Hi From Norfolk

Postby Dave and Verity » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:26 am

We've just aquired a couple of plots in Kettlestone near Fakenham. We plan to use it for firewood, and general enjoyment/relaxation. Very new to woodlands, so any tips/advice welcome. We camp out regularly in a motorhome with the kids and our Lurcher pup. The kettles never far away, feel free to pop over for a brew.

Dave and Verity
Dave and Verity

Re: Hi From Norfolk

Postby The Barrowers » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:54 am

Welcome

Enjoy the peace and quiet

How long before you swap a motorhome for a Hammock and Tarp

Kelly Kettles are good
B and T
The Barrowers
The Barrowers

Postby smojo » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:13 am

Welcome. Sounds great. I'm a newbie woodlander too so I know how you must feel - chuffed to bits and maybe a bit bewildered too
smojo

Postby Dave and Verity » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:47 am

An eternity, I started camping about 30+ years ago, my first tent was 24" high at the front and 18 at the back. I used to carry enough food and clothes for a week and walk long distance footpaths. Verity used to come along with me after we met, she's 5' 3" and looked completely wrong carring a 15kg pack, mine was 20 -25. Nothing compared to military standards, but for fun it was enough.

As life has gone on, our backs and knees have decided they like a bit of squishy underneath them, tents got bigger up to the point where a trailer and planning permission was required. Then we got the motorhome, never looked back.

I like to doze in a hammock, especially when I've had an afternoon cider and remember neighbours from many a year ago having a Lurcher that used theirs whether it had a human in it or not. Happy days. I shall hang one up somewhere, and dissappear for a while now and again.

Oh and bewildered, definitely.
Dave and Verity

Postby Dexter's Shed » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:56 pm

Dave and Verity wrote: I shall hang one up somewhere, and dissappear for a while now and again.

Oh and bewildered, definitely.

as below

http://youtu.be/ouQoLjTN8tQ

welcome to the forum
Dexter's Shed

Return to Meet Your Woodland Neighbour