Small Woodland Owners' Group

Clarke Forest Log Jack

A place to discuss or review of tools and equipment, how to look after them, handy hints for using them.

Postby SimonFisher » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:56 pm

I'd already looked there and can't see any tool called Log Lifter or LogLifter :-(

SimonFisher

Postby happybonzo » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:47 am

@CR - I can't find the "Chainsaw Buddy" on the Northern Tools website so I've had to order their catalogue. The trouble is that it's full of things you never even realised you needed

edit - just found it - http://www.northerntooluk.com/forestry-and-logging/forestry-manual-tools/chain-saw-buddy_118877E.html?tab=images#images

happybonzo

Postby Rich » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:28 am

Gosh what will they think of next to make us part with our money! If I had that on my chainsaw it would tie it up to performing just one task, means I've got to take another one into the woods with me!

[email protected]
www.swog.org.uk
Rich

Postby SimonFisher » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:34 am

From the Chainsaw Buddy website, you can download video showing how it works.

SimonFisher

Postby Crispin Rogers » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:06 am

The log lifter is an accessory when you go onto the Logrite site click on 'Online Store' and then click on 'Universal Log Stand' The basic tool is the Cant hook which can be converted into a Peavy by changing the hook with a spike. It can be converted into a log stand by screwing on the Universal Log Stand. Not the best designed website!

Crispin Rogers

Re: Clarke Forest Log Jack

Postby DavidM » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:07 pm

We were showing the Logrite Canthooks and Universal Log Stand at APF2012 last year. It went down very well and we sold a good few.

There is more information on our website if you want to source one in the UK, we are the official distributor over here. It's a great combination and with a little practice you can roll pretty massive logs over onto the stand for cutting. If you intend to roll logs onto the stand then always go with a Canthook rather than a Peavey. The pointy end of a Peavey does not give you the second biting edge so it's harder to grip logs when rolling them.

There are a couple of products on the market that do similar things to the Canthook+Log stand combination. Once even uses a swinging log grabbing jaw like out Logrite Canthoot. I think the big difference is that the Logrite product is an extremely good Canthook in the first place, it wont bend or break even under the heaviest use. When you add the log stand it is still a perfectly usable Canthook, but you get the added benefit of moving, positioning, then lifting logs for cutting all on one tool.
David Morgan
Orion Heating - Small Scale Forestry Tools, Woodburning Stoves and Cooking Ranges
http://www.orionheating.co.uk
DavidM

Previous

Return to Tools & Equipment - reviews, use and maintenance