Small Woodland Owners' Group

Intolerance

All discussion on birds, bugs and animals

Postby Exeldama » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:40 pm

Affirmation...no not really just opening a debate. Didnt think this world was just about seeking answers.

That said i have no real tolerance for pseudo conservation, ie buying woodland for wildlife then killing anything that isnt convenient just to preserve something because its prettier and fluffy.

Interesting thought ..are we part of natural selection..? i guess yes . No other species i know of causes such widespread and variable damage. Nature moves with cycles and gradual change , we on the other hand can be a little apocolyptic. t

Exeldama

Postby James M » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:57 pm

You asked about chainsaws but got 'bored' with our suggestions pretty quickly, you're carrying out all sorts of work in a wood you dont own yet, and you're a farmer's son who likes the Jam and thinks foxes aren't pests.

You are man of contrasts.

I, however am not. I didn't buy my wood for conservation, I bought it for fun and a pension investment. I shoot and eat the pretty and fluffy things, I am top of the food chain and I dont trust Tescos to supply me with anything other than lager and cheap DVDs. I chop down trees for fuel and because they get in the way of my landrover. I spray glyphosphate around because bracken pisses me off. I don't give hoot about the planet cos it doesn't give a hoot about me, if it is buggered it up it wasnt me who did it and I'll be dead anyway before I have to worry about it.

I'm working class with an education, some money and a couple of big flash cars, I made my dosh in the credit boom, and I love it. I drink, smoke, gamble but at least I given up the womanisng. I read whatever newspaper happens to be lying around, and even then not that often. I vote if I can be bothered. I pay taxes but resent it. I think petrol is great stuff, I love the smell of it and things that use it. I'll stick up for people who can't stick up for themsleves. I don't tell other people how to live their lives and wont take the same back from anyone.

I like my plamsa telly, newcastle united, chips with curry sauce, sky sports, guns, cars, fires, ice hockey. Next month my mates are coming to my wood, we'll drink lager, talk about old times, punch ups we've had, the teachers we hated, the women we've loved and lost and the kids we love and still have. We'll end up staggering around hugging each other saying 'you my besht mate', and collapse into our tents.

Next day we'll be collecting a hundred empty Stella bottles in bin bags and chainsawing with hangovers. The Stella bottles will not be recycled because recycling makes other people rich on the back of my efforts, they'll go in a wheelie bin. Plus I dont think it makes a blind bit of difference.

The world is about freedom, and we do more damage to freedom than we do to the planet.

I dont debate - I argue, I dont seek answers but I'll give them whether you ask for them or not, I am part of natural selection and it put me at the top of the tree, nature does move with 'cycles and gradual change' - me? I move as fast as I can and I'm a more than a little apocolyptic.

I know what I am - I'm a human being - born naked and screaming just like everyone else - I'm not better or different than anyone else. I compete to survive. You save the planet, I'm not here long enough to do it.

Welcome to my world! It's about spiritual freedom, knowing where you fit and it's a great place to be.

James M

Postby Exeldama » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:21 pm

Best laugh i have had in ages.

I guess i do have contrasts so though im sure it wasnt meant as such i will take that as a compliment.

Dont remember saying i was bored at anyones suggestions on the contrary, i actually said i was bored with the hassle of not having a chainsaw that worked... clearly you cant understand what i said, but no matter.

Spiritual freedom you say...well thats all well and good, but however much you might cry about restraints and responsibilities if there wernt any, people just like me might just place your empty bottls of Stella somewhere else.

After careful consideration i doubt your as far up the tree as you believe.... but credit where its deserved maybe your on a par with the Magpie after all, but the fox is smarter all round he just cant drive a Ford focus.. yeah i bet you own one.

Exeldama

Postby greyman » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:45 am

Steady now chaps. The forums for debate, that is true, however we need to keep it civil and reasonably amicable. By all means make you point/s but accusing a man of driving a Fix Or Repair Daily is a step too close to the edge.

Have fun, be bad, be safe,

Greyman

greyman

Previous

Return to Wildlife