Small Woodland Owners' Group

Woodland Rental Question .. PLEA!?!

Offers and requests for sharing/renting or using woodland for activities or help in the wood

Postby BackyardBushcraft » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:10 am

Hi Woodland Owners,

This is a bit unusual, but I looking for any woodland owners in the South East who would be interested in renting a woodland area (particularly interested in Surrey/Sussex) for weekends or longer, with a view to us teaching various groups bushcraft principals there.

In the main, these are young folk, and would not be being charged anything, as we run these on a voluntary basis. In particular I want to run these for my Scout troop (and other troops in the district) as regularly as possible, giving them the chance to experience nature and the outdoors. The problem I have is that from a rural area, they (we) are limited to the exposure they can gain, and tend to miss out on what I consider a very important part of their education.

The woodland itself would be left as found (if not better), respecting both nature and the environment. It is possible that we could also undertake some work on your behalf if required, as a number of our group are qualified tree surgeons, and pretty much all of us are members of the Woodland Trust and/or other environmental volunteer groups. So we'd be happy to clear areas of brush for you if needed.

If you are interested, or can offer any advice, please let me know, and we can discuss usage terms if applicable.

Many thanks for your time.

Mark.

- Enjoy the environment, leave no mark -

BackyardBushcraft

Postby tracy » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:43 pm

Hi BackyardBush

I hope you are able to find somewhere to meet soon, nice to see you on the forum

Tracy

tracy

Postby ruj001 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:06 pm

Hi folks - I'm in the market for something very similar to be honest. Tracy, Backyard - let me know how you got on please?

Tracy - do you have somewhere in mind?

Russ

ruj001

Postby tracy » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:44 pm

Afraid not folks, that why I have sent you here for now..... see if anyone fancies renting out their land! Good luck!

tracy

Postby Darren » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:41 am

I have some woodland I could rent out. We have a car park for several cars and a toilet. Email me [email protected] so we can sort something out. We could rent out 6 acres.

We are near Rudgewick, West Sussex

Darren

Return to Woodland - Share, Rent, Borrow or Volunteer