Small Woodland Owners' Group

Sharing your woodland

Offers and requests for sharing/renting or using woodland for activities or help in the wood

Postby tracy » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:03 am

I get a load of requests from people wanting to share woodland with others - camp in exchange for work, or people needing help. Seems like a good time to start a forum section on it.

You might be looking for somewhere to go to practise bushcraft and be willing to work in exchange, or you might be looking for help. This is the place to put those requests!

I suggest you do not put details of your woodland on the site and up to you if you put your email address. I can put people in touch if needed....

tracy

Postby tracy » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:25 am

There is an acre of field needing an interesting project and some care in Cornwall, near Havasu. Email me if you are interested - something like bee keeping!

[email protected]

tracy

Postby John H » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:21 pm

We have some friends who own a large woodland, they have a group of about 3 or 4 families who all meet up and camp in their woods 3 times a year for a week or so. They do any jobs that need doing during the day and then cook and sit round the campfire in the evenings . I like the idea of finding some help with our clearance and replanting work . The problem is finding people that like playing around in thick Welsh mud in all weathers and who would get on with a grumpy old man.

John H

Postby tracy » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:38 am

Well John, if I have any requests in your area I will send them your way!

tracy

Postby John H » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:54 pm

Yes send them my way, especially if they are young and fit and own there own forwarder.

John H

Return to Woodland - Share, Rent, Borrow or Volunteer