Small Woodland Owners' Group

renting west midlands

Offers and requests for sharing/renting or using woodland for activities or help in the wood

Postby charley » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:26 am

Hi

I belong to a small archery club based in Willenhall WV12, who are looking to rent some woodland in or around Essington, Willenhall, Cannock, Cheslyn Hay, Shareshill, Brownhills but any areas within reasonable distance would be considered. We would like to put on archery field shoots if suitable venue could be found and would need around 5-8 acres minimum with vehicle access and parking for up to 100 cars if possible.

charley

Postby tracy » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:19 pm

Hi Charley

I think the parking for up to 100 cars might be your downfall!

tracy

Postby wood troll » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:27 pm

Hi Charley,

You say that you're group is small... are there over 100 of you, or could you try the eco-friendly idea of car sharing? Perhaps a bit more information on how you intend to go about your woodland archery might help.

wood troll

PS check the spelling of archery on your profile page ;-)

wood troll

Postby greyman » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:43 pm

Isn't Arcery building very large wooden boats to survive acts of God?

greyman

Postby charley » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:17 pm

Our club is quite small but we go to field shoots around the country when we all car share.

We wanted to rent woodland once or twice a year to enable our club to put on an invitation shoot for archers from other clubs.

by the way i do have a wonky keyboard - the keys keep missing but i will change the profile as it is a little misleading!!

charley

Postby greyman » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:18 pm

Charley,

I'm not sure exactly where you are as I haven't got the atlas out to check but have you been renting anywhere before? I ask as just speaking for myself you give very little detail about how your club runs/intends to run these invitation shoots. 100 cars full of people cause quite a lot of impact! Have you thought of asking the Forrestry Commission if they have anything that they might consider renting out occassionly?

Greyman

greyman

Return to Woodland - Share, Rent, Borrow or Volunteer