Small Woodland Owners' Group

woodland available to rent

Offers and requests for sharing/renting or using woodland for activities or help in the wood

woodland available to rent

Postby farmboy » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:11 pm

Hello swog members,

I am interested in hearing from members interested in renting woodland.

We have nearly 19 acres of mixed woodland with good road access and parking that is part of our farm. The woods are located near postcode po9 6dt and form part of the border of the south downs national park, contain two ponds, a very picturesque clearing which is ideal for camping. There is a train station about 1 mile away as well as well as a nice country village which gives a nice balance of peace and quiet and convenience.

Previously I have allowed many people the use of this land for free and been very privelaged to be in a position to do so.

Unfortunately due to horrible circumstances beyond my control involving a messy probate I must look into new ways to generate income from the land in order to service the large debts that are in the pipeline.

Please get in touch if this might be of interest to you, I would consider splitting the woods into smaller lots but ideally would like to enter into long term lease type agreement.

I would also be interested in anyone interested in purchasing woodland as this may be something I have to consider.

I hope this post is appropriate for this forum, it is not meant to cause offence, I would not normally be financially motivated but circumstances have pushed me in this direction.

Many thanks for reading.
farmboy

Re: woodland available to rent

Postby Phil » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:26 pm

Hi there
Sorry to hear of your troubles, probate is never straight forward. I have been looking for a wood near me in Kent for some time now but no (suitable) land has come up. Although i have not considered leasing before depending on the privacy of the woods and general makeup of it it is possible i may be interested in leasing some or all depending on the price, or even buying some of it from you.
Best Regards
Phil
Phil

Postby mattwills78 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:41 pm

Hi farmboy,

Sorry to hear your hand is being forced on this front.

I am interested in renting woodland - currently based in SE London so was looking in Kent ideally but haven't had much joy to date so happy to consider land a bit further afield.

I'm looming for space for bushcraft, a little weekend camping for my partner and I + space and materials to practice greenwood working and general woodland craft and maintenance.

If that sounds comparable with your plans please get in touch so we can discuss the detail and next steps.

Thanks in advance.

Matt
mattwills78

Postby farmboy » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:30 am

Phil wrote:Hi there
Sorry to hear of your troubles, probate is never straight forward. I have been looking for a wood near me in Kent for some time now but no (suitable) land has come up. Although i have not considered leasing before depending on the privacy of the woods and general makeup of it it is possible i may be interested in leasing some or all depending on the price, or even buying some of it from you.
Best Regards
Phil

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the response. If you would like to discuss in more detail please email me [email protected] and we can exchange numbers (rather not post my mobile number online). Alternatively if you have any specific questions please let me know via email and i will do my best to answer them.

Thanks

Chris
farmboy

Postby farmboy » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:33 am

mattwills78 wrote:Hi farmboy,

Sorry to hear your hand is being forced on this front.

I am interested in renting woodland - currently based in SE London so was looking in Kent ideally but haven't had much joy to date so happy to consider land a bit further afield.

I'm looming for space for bushcraft, a little weekend camping for my partner and I + space and materials to practice greenwood working and general woodland craft and maintenance.

If that sounds comparable with your plans please get in touch so we can discuss the detail and next steps.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Hi Matt,

I would be interested in talking further, (the woods is about 1 hour 20 mins from London waterloo on the train, not sure if that is realistic for you and could get quite expensive)

please contact me on my email and we can talk further [email protected]
farmboy

Return to Woodland - Share, Rent, Borrow or Volunteer