Small Woodland Owners' Group

Looking for a wood to film a music video in

Offers and requests for sharing/renting or using woodland for activities or help in the wood

Postby RyanJGrant » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:12 pm

Hi,

This might be an unusual request, but it's always worth asking, right?

I’m a recently graduated video production student and I'm currently hunting for a wood to film a music video in the East Sussex area. Right now woodland has this incredible mixture of bleak and beautiful and I think they would be the perfect backdrop to this song:

http://soundcloud.com/thecraveband/set-me-free/s-Tcf2d

There’s not really much money involved, what we have we’re going to put into camera equipment rental and lights for shooting to make the video look as great as possible.

While I know this is a really unusual thing to ask I figured it might be worth a shot just directly asking the forum if anyone would be up for us coming down and filming for a day in their wood?

What I, the band and the friends I’m bringing in to help would like to film is a homage to 80’s b-movie horror with running through trees, some mist/smoke effects and some face makeup. The story of the video would be of the haunting of the band as they play from dusk till dawn.

If you would like to see what we've shot previously in our weekday jobs the directors showreel is a nice little example

http://youtu.be/Z1H7oeKHp8k

It would be a group of about ten of us (including the band) and we would be filming for a day (we're currently really hoping to shoot on Sunday 12th Feb) from 9am and into the evening when it gets dark for our night time shots with the aim to wrap around 6 or 7pm. We’re all very professional and would try to cause as little disruption as we could.

It would be great if anyone was open and up for helping us out with a location for the day and I really do appreciate it's a bit of an unusual request.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing back if you might be able to help,

Ryan Grant

www.ryanjgrant.co.uk

[email protected]

RyanJGrant

Postby The Barrowers » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:19 pm

Hello Ryan

Woods nice this time of year in a strange way

I have mailed you, respond and we will discuss

B and T

B and T
The Barrowers
The Barrowers

Postby tracy » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:52 pm

and if you go ahead, we would love photos and little paragraph about it for our newsletter ;-)

tracy

Postby Miles » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:09 pm

Deja vu. I am sure I had a similar request (from someone else) a couple of years ago or so.

Miles

Postby The Barrowers » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:08 pm

Ryan am in the wood this weekend if its not icy, are you having difficulty contacting or not received the email

B and T

B and T
The Barrowers
The Barrowers

Return to Woodland - Share, Rent, Borrow or Volunteer