Small Woodland Owners' Group

Help with research from Dartmoor owners

Anything to do with SWOG Membership, meetings and find people with skills to offer

Postby Rich » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:28 pm

Hello,

I have received the following request from a student looking for help with his disertation. If anyone can help please let me know and I will put you in touch.

Many thanks

Rich

[email protected]

My name is Jack Groves and I'm currently studying for a degree in Geography with Environmental Management at Exeter University. For my dissertation project I have chosen to try and look at forest ownership relationships/complexities on Dartmoor. Currently I have managed to speak to rangers from the National Park Authority and also from the Forestry Commission there however, I was wondering if you could point me in the way of some private forest owners on Dartmoor as I have been finding it difficult to locate and make contact with some thus far. Ideally I would be looking to discuss with them the motives they have for managing their forests and some of the things that influence them to manage their land in the way that they do.

Any help you could provide would be fantastic. If not, sorry for the inconvenience!

Yours, Jack Groves

[email protected]
www.swog.org.uk
Rich

Return to Member issues, skills register and questions