Small Woodland Owners' Group

Upgrading forum

Anything to do with SWOG Membership, meetings and find people with skills to offer

Postby tracy » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:03 pm

Yeah, trouble is I have no idea what I am doing, so rely on someone else to help and he is busy... I won't give up, I will try so sort it.

tracy

Postby Toby Allen » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:07 pm

I think this site is great, with or without pictures.

Thanks for it

Toby Allen

Postby MartinD » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:33 am

Like Toby, I enjoy the simplicity of this site. Thinking about it, the sites I prefer tend to be uncluttered, which seems to equate to photo-less. It would be nice to be able to have photos, but some users have achieved this by using flikr type links, which seem to work fine.

MartinD

Postby The Barrowers » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:21 pm

I agree with Toby Allen

B and T
The Barrowers
The Barrowers

Postby Exeldama » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:33 pm

yep, i agree with the agreeing people. Simple things for simple folk, dont change whats not broken.

This forum does exactly what it says. Offers advice and anecdotes, lots of photos etc would be fun but perhaps are best elsewhere.

Exeldama

Postby Rich » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:08 am

Yes I really like the forum, but sometimes I'm so busy I forget to check it. I'm trying to find a way to search for posts I've seen in the past, but I'm going round in circles looking for it. There's a search box on the 'about us' page, but not the forum page and I know I'm being really stupid, but can't find a way of searching for tags. It might help, as some people seem to get a bit of a cyber strop on if the same topic is mentioned more than once!

Cheers

Rich

[email protected]
www.swog.org.uk
Rich

Postby tracy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:54 pm

I am not sure how to search forums either ;0) Will try to find out.

What will help with finding past posts is for people to actually USE the topics outlined for choosing where to post new topics. I spend hours going through GENERAL trying to sort out the posts into their topics. This would make it easier for new users to find past topics.... hint hint! ;-)

tracy

Postby Rich » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:05 pm

Thanks Nigel,

We seem to get an awful lot of spammers registering for our forum and it's a laborious job weeding them out, I'll be in touch off list.

Rich

[email protected]
www.swog.org.uk
Rich

Previous

Return to Member issues, skills register and questions