Small Woodland Owners' Group

Do you share your woodland with others?

Topics that don't easily fit anywhere else!

Do you share your woodland with others?

Postby Tim Gathers » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:35 pm

Do you are your woodland with others?

I'd love to hear how you get on with sharing, and possibly tell your story.

I run a company called Gather Outdoors. We help more people enjoy the outdoors and save money on kit, by buying it together to share.

We started out by selling equipment via what we call Crew Buy (there are some links below so you can see how it works) but our community has asked if we can help them buy woodlands together to share.

We figured that was a great idea! And we are all about finding social ways to help people get outside, so are flexible enough to respond to what our community wants.

We have a pipeline of woodlands for sale lined up, but I would really like to tell some stories about how people have found sharing woodland. So if you're sharing already, please get in touch, either posting a comment, or via DM or email.

Oru Kayaks awesome rigid kayaks that fold down to the size of a suitcase

Tentsile tree tentsthat are suspended from trees rather than sitting on the floor

Coleman event shelters

I hope all that makes sense, and hope to hear from you :mrgreen:

Tim
Stories, friendships, products and memories for outdoor lovers.

Join the real sharing economy at http://www.gatheroutdoors.co.uk
Tim Gathers

Re: Do you share your woodland with others?

Postby Wendelspanswick » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:03 pm

I have to admit that I relish the solitude I get in my woodland, not sure I would want to share it permanently although if it was my only route to owning a woodland I would think again.
I do open up our wood once a year to family, friends and locals for our Midsummer's party.
I am very interested in the Tentsile tent though, how does the crew buy work?
Wendelspanswick

Postby Tim Gathers » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:12 pm

Well if you already own yours, no need to share Wendelspanswick! But yes, this is a way to make having your own patch of woodland more accessible to those not lucky enough to be able to afford one on their own.

The Tentsile tents are great, and ideal for woodland owners like you.

You can buy one on your own if you don't want to share, just click the solo price option. Otherwise, gather your Crew that you plan to share it with, then each buy individually choosing the correct option for the number in your Crew and making sure you agree in advance who it's being delivered to.

So, is anyone else sharing their woodland already?
Stories, friendships, products and memories for outdoor lovers.

Join the real sharing economy at http://www.gatheroutdoors.co.uk
Tim Gathers

Postby Terry » Tue May 31, 2016 4:39 am

Highly recommend the Tentsile tents - been using one for over a year now.
We have the older model that has a few issues, but the newer ones are much better I believe, although quite expensive.
If you get the tensions right it makes for a really comfy night.
You do need to have something undeneath you when its cold to insulate yourself a bit in the absence of the ground - we use some sun lounger matresses that were going cheap in a supermarket.
Available direct from Tentsile, just google
Terry

Return to General