Small Woodland Owners' Group

We're Fashion Icons

Topics that don't easily fit anywhere else!

We're Fashion Icons

Postby oldclaypaws » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:16 pm

Well, fello SWOG lads, if you have a chainsaw and beard, it seems you're now a genuine 'Lumbersexual', the new fashion icons identified by The Guardian. Whereas urban lumbersexuals are doing it entirely as a fashion statement and have almost never winched a leaner or cleft a log, we are clearly the current genuine epitome of Zeitgeist. Perish the thought, but soon every winebar will be full of Dexter and Paws clones. (except I have the full beard rather than the 'floppy hat and Benny Hill glasses' variant). No doubt if we cruised down the Kings Road or Sloane Street, all the babes would flock to talk to us about 2 stroke oil and brushcutters. Jean Paul Gautier is so passé, its all chainsaw boots and high viz helmets now. LMAOROTF. :lol: 8-) :mrgreen:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/nov/14/lumbersexual-beard-plaid-male-fashion
oldclaypaws

Re: We're Fashion Icons

Postby Terry » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:39 am

:lol:

Damn, and there I thought I was nicely off message with the modern trends when the mainstream suddenly turns and comes beating down my neck of the woods - and just when the beard is nicely matured too. Looks like it'll be back to scraping the face again soon. :D
Terry

Postby smojo » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:17 am

Personally I've never seen the point of scraping my facial hair off every day, knowing it's gonna keep coming back. A trim once a fortnight is all that's needed to keep it under control. I've had a beard for about 40 years now and been in fashion about three times so far. Sadly I cant grow the wild woolly hair any more except out of my nostrils and ears. :(
smojo

Postby oldclaypaws » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:18 pm

For any fully qualified lumbersexuals who want to increase their attraction to their partner and enhance their general presentation and sense of well being, I found this to be an excellent product. Its fragrance is reminiscent of a woodland walk on a late September day, woody, musty and pleasantly exotic, without being 'flowery' or poncey. Mrs Paws has been following me round the house growling at me like something out of a Lynx advert since I applied it. If you buy some I can send her round to give me a break, she seems very taken with it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vetivert-Patchouli-Luxury-Beard-Oil-1x30ml-/111401587701?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Hair_Care_Brushes_Combs_PP&hash=item19f00d53f5
oldclaypaws

Return to General