Small Woodland Owners' Group

Unable to post pictures, 'Quota reached'

Topics that don't easily fit anywhere else!

Unable to post pictures, 'Quota reached'

Postby oldclaypaws » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:05 pm

I tried to post a couple of pictures (small- size< 50kb) but got the message

"Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached".

Pictures by other forum members have subsequently appeared, so it seems (?) we have a personal picture max kb upload quota. Do I have to delete some of my previous pictures to make room?

Can someone please explain what is happening and what I need to do to resume attaching pictures.
oldclaypaws

Re: Unable to post pictures, 'Quota reached'

Postby Dexter's Shed » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:24 pm

are you uploading pictures from computer to here, or hosting them someone like photobucket and then copying and pasting the img code to get them showing here,

like this?

Dexter's Shed

Postby oldclaypaws » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:59 pm

I've just gone to the bottom of the post composing page, clicked on the upload attachment> browse> add the file> place in line.

After 'add the file' I get the 'quota reached' in red.

Its always worked fine in the past, and I compress my images to make sure they aren't large.

Puzzling.
oldclaypaws

Postby oldclaypaws » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:03 pm

Strangely, I was able to copy your caravan picture and then load it back on the board, but not others. ???
Attachments
caravan002_zps0ed68db4.jpg
caravan002_zps0ed68db4.jpg (14.35 KiB) Viewed 16719 times
Last edited by oldclaypaws on Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldclaypaws

Postby Dexter's Shed » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:04 pm

you know, I never knew that was there, so tried it, way too much malarkey, as it came back with file too big
photobucket is far easier, and of course your then not limited to the amount of pictures you can post as they are hosted elsewhere
Dexter's Shed

Postby oldclaypaws » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:42 am

So as no Swog techno-gnomes have suggested a solution to this issue yet (?), would you mind briefly explaining Dexy how having opened a photobucket account the pics are then magically displayed on swog without taking space? Do you just paste a URL and the picture appears? Thanks in anticipation.
oldclaypaws

Postby Dexter's Shed » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:34 am

your so lucky I like you clay paws and can take the time after a busy nights pest control to give you this step by step :lol:

open a photobucket account, it's FREE and load all your pictures there
you'll never have to worry about re sizing them again,

right, you click on your account, here's mine

and you see all your pictures, now left click on the one you want, it'll appear on a new page

on the right you'll see a box with four codes in it, the box is titled, links to share this photo

you want the bottom code (4th code down)
left click and it should instantly turn yellow and say copied, if not right click and copy

then come into here and in your post, right click and paste, having both this forums page and photobuckets page open on your screen, you can pop back and forth fairly quickly copying and pasting pictures, as many as you want, the pictures will appear here, and you can rest assured that as your hosting them on a different site, you'll never max out your quota
Dexter's Shed

Postby oldclaypaws » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:28 pm

Just tried to load a pleasant small sized picture of a bee on a pussy willow, got the old 'quota reached' message again, and it was only about 100kb. Looks like the picture posting facility is currently unavailable, which does somewhat stifle opportunities to share things with other forum members........ :?
oldclaypaws

Postby Dexter's Shed » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:24 pm

oldclaypaws wrote:Just tried to load a pleasant small sized picture of a bee on a pussy willow, got the old 'quota reached' message again, and it was only about 100kb. Looks like the picture posting facility is currently unavailable, which does somewhat stifle opportunities to share things with other forum members........ :?

not if you bothered doing it via photobucket as I advised :roll:
Dexter's Shed

Postby Dexter's Shed » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:01 pm

just testing, how many I could do, before getting bored, with photobucket of course

Dexter's Shed

Next

Return to General