Small Woodland Owners' Group

Grants - what do you apply for?

Paperwork, grants, legal issues

Postby James M » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:46 pm

After our recent discussion regarding the non profit nature of what we do. I have started thinking about grants.

I started a list of what I might claim for but after kids wellies, chainsaw, mulcher and petrol I ran out of ideas.

Those of you who have applied for grants, what did you list as your cost sources, just the gear, time etc, not the actual monies.

Doesn't help that I have most of it aready but I might get £75 per hectare for my 5 hectares from the scottish government. Hey! Early retirement!

J.

James M

Postby John H » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:56 pm

I don't think we can claim for things like in Wales. We got money for putting in new tracks, culverts , gates and fencing. Also uneconomic thinning and harvesting of softwood and of course replanting.

John H

Postby tracy » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:15 am

Hi James, your best bet is to call up your local advisors and ask them- what country are you in and which area? There is a lot of information on websites to start with - but I found it much easier to talk to a person and ask them to visit too. Let us know how you get on!

I don't think you can claim for tools, more like for tracks and thinning and replanting....

tracy

Return to All things legal