Small Woodland Owners' Group

Tool & Machinery Store shed

Camp fires, shelters, wild food, making things, children and more....

Tool & Machinery Store shed

Postby kateandgus » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:52 am

Hi - We want to apply for planning - on the 'prior notification - buildings agricultural & forrestry' form, to put up a shed on our land. The location is visible to a neighbouring farmer and we are in an AONB. Ideally it will be big enough to store our small tractor, topper and possibly dumper. We envisage creating a pole barn, single pitch roof, wood clad and corrugated roof (green). Dimensions 8m x 4m by 3m high. Any advice on whether these dimensions seem reasonable - whether it is better to refer simply to a tool store -or be specific about the machinery we want to store there? The site is approx. 10 acres. Sorry if there is discussion already on this subject, couldn't find anything specific. Many thanks
kateandgus

Re: Tool & Machinery Store shed

Postby SimonFisher » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:11 pm

I suspect that rather than saying you want a shed of whatever size to store equipment, you might need to justify it as necessary for whatever forestry activity you intend carrying out, and with 10 acres might take some doing.

There might be some useful comments and information in this thread - http://www.swog.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2103

Simon
SimonFisher

Postby Wendelspanswick » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:05 pm

We have 16 acres, half is meadow and half is woodland.
We are also in an AONB and our Prior Notification application for a 10m by 5m shed was approved.
Our application was for the Erection of building for the storage of agricultural machinery, feedstuffs, rainwater collection and hygiene and welfare.
If you want I can PM you a link to my application to give you some pointers.
Wendelspanswick

Postby Lupin Pooter » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:58 pm

We are also preparing a Prior Notification for a shed. If you could PM a link to yours, we would be really grateful. Searching the net for good advice has been pretty frustrating so far. No one seems to have found a truly successful formula. I guess everyone's plans are different, and every planner has their own interpretation of the rules.
Lupin Pooter

Postby kateandgus » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:59 pm

Wendelspanswick wrote:We have 16 acres, half is meadow and half is woodland.
We are also in an AONB and our Prior Notification application for a 10m by 5m shed was approved.
Our application was for the Erection of building for the storage of agricultural machinery, feedstuffs, rainwater collection and hygiene and welfare.
If you want I can PM you a link to my application to give you some pointers.

Yes please - that would be really helpful - thanks
kateandgus

Return to Woodland Activities