Small Woodland Owners' Group

Tapatalk Prompt!

A place to offer feedback on the forum and suggest improvements

Tapatalk Prompt!

Postby Wendelspanswick » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:59 pm

I quite often use my iPhone to browse the forum, using the Safari browser, and today every time I open a topic I get a prompt telling me about Tapatalk. This is really annoying, it happens when I open a topic and go back to the index.
It never use to do this and only does it on this forum.
Help!
Wendelspanswick

Re: Tapatalk Prompt!

Postby Rich » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:17 pm

Hmm not sure I can be of any help here, I don't use an iphone, but have you downloaded the tapatalk software at any time? Trying to work out if it's the phone that's telling you to use tapatalk or the forum which has been enabled for tapatalk, but I've never heard of it causing any of the behaviour you mention.

[email protected]
www.swog.org.uk
Rich

Postby SimonFisher » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:42 pm

I use an Android based smart-phone and if I visit the SWOG forum using the default browser, I also get a browser message telling me that there's a Tapatalk app available. I haven't installed Tapatalk app. I don't generally visit the forum using my smart-phone, but if I did I'd get that message each time and I would also find it a nusiance. There's no immediately way of disabling it. I'm guessing that the web pages that are sent by the forum software contain an identifier that a browser recognises as meaning the forum is also usable with the Tapatalk app.
SimonFisher

Postby Rich » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:27 pm

This issue seems to have been reported before and the solution is beyond my comprehension :?

https://support.tapatalk.com/threads/se ... ces.17397/

I've asked our support guy to look into it and will let you know if we find a fix.

[email protected]
www.swog.org.uk
Rich

Postby Wendelspanswick » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:35 am

It seems if I click on the link to install Tapatalk, which takes you to the App Store, but then I don't install the app the prompt goes away.
Wendelspanswick

Postby Zathras » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:00 pm

Doing a 'request desktop version' in Chrome or other browsers on the iphone should also resolve this constant prompting.

However it is still an minor irritation this is required.
Zathras

Postby calvertwood » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:08 pm

Wendelspanswick wrote:It seems if I click on the link to install Tapatalk, which takes you to the App Store, but then I don't install the app the prompt goes away.

Tapatalk has recently and disastrously 'updated' its app, and disgruntled users seem to be leaving it in droves. If any of them come to this discussion, as I did, then the advice above is good, and works.
calvertwood

Postby smojo » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:48 am

I too get the prompt to download it when using my Samsung smartphone. I have never used it for anything before. It must be something to do with this site.
smojo

Return to Feedback and suggestions