Small Woodland Owners' Group

Turn your brash into wood fuel/profit!!!!!

Offers and requests for sharing/renting or using woodland for activities or help in the wood

Turn your brash into wood fuel/profit!!!!!

Postby Treeation » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:14 pm

branch logger.jpg
Hi There,

I have a branch logger TMH70. In short this machine cuts brash into differing lengths of 60-130mm (this cannot be set) and fires straight into net bags. I have been very impressed with this machine. The machine deals with brash similar to a small chipper i.e similar to timberwolf 125 although a little bit more persuasion needed at times as the machine doesn’t have rollers to aid brash intake.

Production rate in optimum circumstances is 50 bags/hour. With roughly 16 filled bags being one cubic metre. This is dependent on brash preperation, access etc and with 2 operatives running machine.

Very attractive and unique proposition for tree work customers who are keen on utilizing all of their tree for woodfuel also for woodland work you can turn your brash into profit! Can also be used to process mill off cuts. It’s an exciting prospect that adds more potential income to our treecare industry as well as a step forward for tree and woodfuel sustainablitlty.

Maximum material diameter is 70mm green softwood/ 60mm green hardwood down to 50mm seasoned hardwood.

My proposal is aimed at woodland owners and woodland management firms, estate owners and countryside contractors. Introductory hire price is £150/day + machine fuel + plus net bags used. I’m based in the Stroud Gloucestershire. I’m willing to travel within reason but will have to charge travel for jobs that aren’t local.

That includes "machine and operator" - myself (arborist/woodland manager) with 8 years experience (NPTC CS31,32,38,39/first aid). Willing to muck in with anything tree-related if machine isn’t running, although I would charge a bit more for any climbing.

I will be adding be posting a short home made promo film within the next 2 weeks of machine in use.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me for any further discussion. PM best

That includes myself (arborist/woodland manager) with 8 years experience (NPTC CS31,32,38,39/first aid). Willing to muck in with anything tree-related if machine isn’t running, although I would charge a bit more for any climbing.

I will be adding be posting a short home made promo film within the next 2 weeks of machine in use.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me for any further discussion. PM best.

Many thanks for reading Patrick
http://www.treeation.co.uk
Treeation

Re: Turn your brash into wood fuel/profit!!!!!

Postby oldclaypaws » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:39 pm

Does the same as the Czech 'Rojek chipper' I previously mentioned, infact they look very similar and both come from the same country. Good bit of kit.

http://www.swog.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1657&p=9873&hilit=rojek#p9873
oldclaypaws

Postby Dexter's Shed » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:59 am

that looks a wicked bit of kit...

paws, did you know there's a chipper that fits on the back of a westwood
Dexter's Shed

Postby oldclaypaws » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:43 am

I think you mean this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilu7weahOVs

I notice it fits models with a PTO from 2001, I think mines older.

I imagine there are numerous PTO devices like log splitters, flails, shredders, etc which can be fitted to the PTO on a 'full size' tractor. I'm possibly going to leapfrog using my Westwood and jump to a full size tractor, I think I need something 4x4 with the ability to winch the big 4 ton logs and have a loader on the front. Its a question of whether I try hiring one first with an operator or buy one and play myself. Going to go 'up a gear' in the next year and start thinning some of my big boys; it needs serious kit, including a pretty substantial building and using big bandsaw mills. You kiddies playing with your little Westwoods, lol.... :lol:
oldclaypaws

Postby ballibeg » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:43 pm

Not sure if you're taking the mickey or not ocp.
ballibeg

Postby Treeation » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:08 am

Aha,

Didn't know about the Rojek machine very similar indeed.
Treeation

Return to Woodland - Share, Rent, Borrow or Volunteer