Small Woodland Owners' Group

Anyone need a hand?

Offers and requests for sharing/renting or using woodland for activities or help in the wood

Anyone need a hand?

Postby arm3000gt » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:50 am

Does anyone in the Newbury region want a hand in their wood? I would like to own my own wood one day but alas funds aren't there yet. In the mean time I would like to offer a helping hand to anyone who would like it. Happy to dig, hack, chop, split what ever you may require. Obviously if someone is willing to teach me some skills along the way all the better. All I would ask in return is maybe some wood for the home fire and the occasional slice of cake/chocolate hobnob.
I work full time so limited to weekends and some evenings.

Regards
Andy

I also have a dozen trees I have grown from seed in my garden that the wife would love gone. Most are horse chestnut, one oak, one ash.
arm3000gt

Re: Anyone need a hand?

Postby smojo » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:10 pm

Somebody bite his hand off quick! What a great offer. Pity I'm too far away, I'd love some help occasionally.
smojo

Postby oldclaypaws » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:15 pm

I have a slightly mangled left hand which I'd happily consider swapping if you have a superior healthy example with all tendons intact. I can promise the fingernails are unchewed and it has a splendid 5 inch scar across the back which the girlies seem to find strangely attractive.

If you'd like to swap I can whip mine off neatly with a Fiskars brush hook (I'm quite experienced at that), stick it in a bag of frozen peas and send it for next day delivery. You might want to wait for it to arrive and sign for it incase the posty leaves it on your doorstep and next doors dog thinks it's a chewy toy, or possibly the detached hand might walk off on its own- it was offered a starring role in the Adams Family which its quite tempted by, 'Thing' has now retired and the part is vacant.

For explanation, see 'Oops thread'.

p-914-230-the-thing-crawling-hand-frontal_2.jpg
p-914-230-the-thing-crawling-hand-frontal_2.jpg (38.6 KiB) Viewed 12281 times

http://www.swog.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1894
oldclaypaws

Postby arm3000gt » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:36 pm

I'm afraid the hand I was offering was my right and would come supplied with all the usual ancillaries attached. The left hand is already on long term loan. Should it become available I'll let you know.
Could you not have had the hook grafted on while in surgery? Would save holding it.
On a serious note I wish you a speedy recovery.

Andy
arm3000gt

Return to Woodland - Share, Rent, Borrow or Volunteer