Small Woodland Owners' Group

Looking to Rent/Partner in North of England

Offers and requests for sharing/renting or using woodland for activities or help in the wood

Looking to Rent/Partner in North of England

Postby trs » Wed May 22, 2013 11:57 am

Hi All.

As mentioned in my introductory post I am looking to either rent a small piece of woodland (probably 1-2 acre to begin with) or partner with others to purchase something in Lancashire/South Cumbria/East Yorkshire area. My friend and I are hoping to coppice manage and use the wood for the manufacture of hand crafted items, created using traditional methods and then sold at Craft Fairs. Depending on location, agreement etc. we may also want to offer carving workshops in the wood in the future. We use Shave Horses and are going on a Pole-Lathe course in September run by the Woodland Skills Centre.

Alternatively if anyone wants any help managing theirs for a share of the produce, I am happy to have a chat with you.

I have the Level 2 RFS Certificate in Arboriculture and hold NPTC certifications in Basic Chainsaw use and Climbing (CS30, CS31 and CS38) and am currently growing native broadleaf saplings from seed in my (very small) garden and my friend used to be a volunteer Tree Warden with his local Parish Council in East Riding of Yorkshire.

Cheers

Tony
trs

Re: Looking to Rent/Partner in North of England

Postby tgsands » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:09 pm

Always happy to share/ cooperate with anyone. Got 5.5 acres in south lakes. Good access and right off the main road.

Message me if interested.

Tim
tgsands

Re: Looking to Rent/Partner in North of England

Postby Llangynog » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:40 pm

Dear Tony,
Hope you found your piece of woodland in the North of England. If however you are still looking and would be interested in considering North Wales instead, we may be able to help.

Best Regards

John
Llangynog

Return to Woodland - Share, Rent, Borrow or Volunteer