Small Woodland Owners' Group

Somebody has to ask

Topics that don't easily fit anywhere else!

Somebody has to ask

Postby Dave and Verity » Tue May 12, 2015 2:56 pm

Where is everybody?

Claypaws, Dexters, still out there?

Come on chaps where are you?

Dave
Dave and Verity

Re: Somebody has to ask

Postby greyman » Tue May 12, 2015 6:20 pm

Well don't want to upset anyone but the atmosphere is very cordial over on the Facebook SWOG. Lots of pictures, banter, info and freedon to post
greyman

Postby boxerman » Tue May 12, 2015 9:00 pm

Yeah, I think most are alive and well and posting on FB. 'cos it's lively, well behaved and friendly but I'd much prefer all to come back here 'cos a forum has far better potential for storing useful knowledge and asking questions. I think the problem is the age old one of personality clashes and to get them all back this place would have to relax the policing and allow a certain amount of B.S.
Phil

https://twitter.com/boxermanphil for my Badger videos
boxerman

Postby oldclaypaws » Tue May 12, 2015 10:00 pm

Dear All,

Having a lovely time on FB. Natives are friendly. Company excellent with happy atmosphere. Lots to do, its one long party with maybe 50+ posts per day with loads of pictures and videos too. All the old gang have emmigrated.

XXX

'Wish you were here'
oldclaypaws

Postby Zathras » Wed May 13, 2015 7:28 pm

Bah humbug, I like to avoid FB for such things as the woods.

Oh well, can't beat them, join them - see ya there... grrr.
Zathras

Postby Dave and Verity » Wed May 13, 2015 8:28 pm

Shame really, I don't really take to facebook. I formed my opinion after hearing the following conversation between two women friends (the names have been changed, blah, blah blah).

Sarah: Have you seen Mary's new baby yet?

Harriet: Yep, on facebook yesterday.

Shocking that anyone would consider facebook an alternative to sharing the experience of a new born baby. It's put me off for life.

Dave
Dave and Verity

Postby Dexter's Shed » Thu May 14, 2015 3:36 am

Dave and Verity wrote:
Shocking that anyone would consider facebook an alternative to sharing the experience of a new born baby. It's put me off for life.

Dave

handy though if living at different ends of the country though..

have not been in too look in here since my offer to leave the forum alone, it was only all the expats over on FB that pushed me to take a peek, seems nice and quiet just the way they like it here,
for anyone interested in seeing how the woodland bees are doing, you know where to find me :D
Dexter's Shed

Postby wrekin » Thu May 14, 2015 7:37 am

I've been away for ages and come back for a look round again (I never posted much) and this is how it seems to me. Some people don't like the way Facebook works and it's not good for accessing old posts, but it's people and content that really matter and the Facebook group is clearly where things are happening now.
http://hutters.uk - Woods, huts, cabins, sheds, forestry
wrekin

Postby Dexter's Shed » Thu May 14, 2015 11:25 am

wrekin wrote: but it's people and content that really matter and the Facebook group is clearly where things are happening now.

that's what we wanted here, and it could still be if .........
Dexter's Shed

Postby Gideon » Thu May 14, 2015 3:36 pm

obvius what happened innit. rich is cool but his buddy is a dicktater who upset everyone by deleting there posts and having no funny bone so we all left. im on fb now and not coming back till theres a change of sergeants running this show. everyone is talking about it on fb and saying the same. lose the fascist or lose your members and have a dead forum. you now who we mean.
Gideon

Next

Return to General