Small Woodland Owners' Group

Morning all.....

Say Hello and tell others about yourself and your wood.

Re: Morning all.....

Postby Terry » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:27 am

Welcome and hope you enjoy your wood

Landpikey wrote:
vushtrri wrote:onboard with the whole idea.....without any conditions!!!

If you think the spending is over with the purchase and solicitors fees - wait until you read the "wish lists" in the forum..... :D

Luckily the woods can look after themselves quite well without us getting stuck in so no need to rush out and spend, although sounds like you have a fair bit of kit and knowledge already. As has been said, observe, observe and watch some more to see what you really have.

vushtrri wrote:As for me wish list, luckily I have a chainsaw already having been using one for the last 20 years though the school where I work have said they will fund a course for me in return for taking a few kids there for the day every couple of weeks,,even said they would also pay for a week long Ray mears course! Also have brush cutting gear, bill hook etc that I use at the school and a few other bits and bobs..... The missus has just presented me with two books...one on coppicing and one on small shelters...says she wants something comfortable!

Ah, knew there were going to be some conditions somewhere :lol: could be worse, a lot worse :lol:
Terry

Postby smojo » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:12 am

Sounds like those conditions are positive too. "She wants something comfortable" sounds like an invitation to upgrade.

Yep my wish list keeps growing but so far the biggest expense was the chainsaw and brushcutter and PPE. Just got a couple of rolls of deer netting but my good old mum (92) treated me to that.
smojo

Postby vushtrri » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:16 am

Anyone else up north wales way or cheshire?
vushtrri

Postby Stevieb0y » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:33 pm

I am not far from Chester and Wrexham
Stevieb0y

Postby Meadowcopse » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:41 pm

Hi,
Also between Chester, Wrexham and Whitchurch...
Meadowcopse

Postby vushtrri » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:57 pm

Hi stevieboy and meadow copse...maybe have a getogether and a few beers once all the formalities have gone through and the place is mine?
vushtrri

Postby vushtrri » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:13 pm

Well the place is now ours and should have the gate key tomorrow..knowing my luck it will be snowed in this weekend!
vushtrri

Postby Campievanner » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:14 pm

Congrats Vushtrri
Hope the weather stays kind for you and your wife to go and have a good amble around this weekend and make plans.

Enjoy
Campievanner

Postby smojo » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:00 am

Brilliant. Look forward to seeing you in there getting mucky with a big smile on your faces.
smojo

Previous

Return to Introductions