Small Woodland Owners' Group

hello from tipperary

Say Hello and tell others about yourself and your wood.

hello from tipperary

Postby Whatisheatnow » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:49 am

Hello all. I have been following this website for some time now and have gone through all the archives and many links. I understand from Rich that I am the first Irish member. I already have some woodland including an old neglected section planted c.1870, clearfelled 1934 and just left to natural regeneration after that. I also have some ash and spruce planted in 1995 and 2005. I went to the Derbyshire County Council Woodfair at Elvaston Castle recently. From my limited experience I considered it to be an excellent event. I too am following Tales From The Wildwood on BBC4 which has some interesting characters. If anyone is visiting the Tipperary area of Ireland at any time they are welcome to call.
Whatisheatnow

Re: Introduction

Postby Rich » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:42 am

Hi Whatisheatnow!
Welcome to the forum, It might be a bit confusing the first time you post as you've hopped on the end of a thread started by ratcatcher called 'introductions' . No matter, to start a new thread for your own introdcuction, go to the introductions board viewforum.php?f=7 and click on the 'New Topic' link on the top left.

It would probably be clearer for newbies if when starting a new thread for introductions you called it somthing specific like 'Hello from Bob in Birmingham, or Colin in Cornwall, rather than the more generic 'introduction' Which could be confused for a post, a thread, a board or a forum.... :?
Cheers
Rich

as this post was an introduction of ME, you would have been far better starting your own post

[email protected]
www.swog.org.uk
Rich

Postby Whatisheatnow » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:58 pm

My apologies. I did not understand. Can my first introduction be deleted if it does not fit in to thread?
Whatisheatnow

Postby splodger » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:07 pm

instead of deleting the post - i've split the topic - so you now have your own intro ;)
splodger

Re: hello from tipperary

Postby splodger » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:09 pm

and welcome to the forum btw :D
splodger

Postby Bearwood » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:28 pm

Welcome along my Irish friend! I too was at the woodland fair at Elvaston which turned out to be a fine event. The National Forest Fair at Beacon Hill, Leicestershire was a slightly larger version, but also worth a visit if you're over here a little earlier in the year.

All the best with your woodland ;)
Bearwood

Postby Whatisheatnow » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:01 pm

Thanks to all for your friendly replies and I can certainly understand ratcatcher's initial reaction. So no harm done even if I accidentally arrived with a bit of controversy.
Whatisheatnow

Return to Introductions