Small Woodland Owners' Group

Forum Newbee

Say Hello and tell others about yourself and your wood.

Forum Newbee

Postby chuckypig » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:51 pm

Hi please just call me Con or chuckypig if you prefer.

Although not yet a woodland owner I am one of the growing number of "would like to be's". I have a small groundworks and building business in South Glos but grew up in the home counties surrounded by a mix of mighty Beeches and orchards.

Coming to this part of the Southwest has made me realise there is a local shortage of something many residents of the Chilterns take forgranted during their daily routines. Although the big hedges, orchards and to some small extent woodland was being bulldozed during my youth, the Chilterns still have much more to offer than areas north of Bristol.

I hope you will help me with some advice in my searching for the right bit of woodland and likewise I can contribute where possible.

Con.
chuckypig

Re: Forum Newbee

Postby tracy » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:26 pm

Welcome Chucky pig

We have loads of advice about how to find the ideal bit of woodland! The first advice is:
Go see lots of different ones. You will find out a lot by looking, have even more questions and begin to make a list of 'must have' and 'wood like to have'

Enjoy looking!
tracy

Re: Forum Newbee

Postby chuckypig » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:04 pm

Thanks for your reply Tracy, I think plenty of viewing is going to be quite enjoyable.
chuckypig

Return to Introductions