Small Woodland Owners' Group

We need a specific 'ash die-back' forum section

A place to offer feedback on the forum and suggest improvements

We need a specific 'ash die-back' forum section

Postby pete » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:37 pm

Dear Web Administrators,
Can I suggest that since the 'ash die-back' crisis threatens to affect each and every one of us, that we create a separately named forum section for this so that access is immediate, all ideas, personal news, discussion on the topic etc is pooled in one spot. We need to get organised on this right from the outset, don't we? Judging from the Danish experience, it could be very serious indeed. And incidentally, thanks a million Tracy for kicking the ball off with that great feature in the Nov newsletter.
Sincerely,
Pete, Northamptonshire wood.
pete

Re: We need a specific 'ash die-back' forum section

Postby Andy M » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:37 pm

I thought there was a thread called Ash Chalara Fungus already
Andy M

Re: We need a specific 'ash die-back' forum section

Postby Rich » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:05 pm

I thought there was a thread called Ash Chalara Fungus already

Yeah there is, it was in the 'General' section, but I just moved it to 'Trees and Plants'

I don't really want to create more sections as Pete is suggesting, I don't see how doing so will encourage people to post in the correct section. The result being that it will just dilute the message even further as some people will still post to 'general', some to 'trees and plants', or 'trees and plants diseases', Ash tree diseases, Ash tree diseases in Kent!! etc etc.

It's a good reminder though to try and take care of where you all post, as moderators don't usually get the time to start moving all the posts around, but it does make the information easier to find.

Also please remember you can subscribe to threads to get email updates when new messages are posted. AND one of the most common complaints on the new forum is not seeing the latest posts since your last log on. This can easily be done by clicking the Unreads posts link. See Simon's explanation.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1240

[email protected]
www.swog.org.uk
Rich

Return to Feedback and suggestions