Small Woodland Owners' Group

Hello from Woking

Say Hello and tell others about yourself and your wood.

Hello from Woking

Postby Chrisk » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:23 pm

Hi all

I moved out of London at the end of last year to Woking. A big reason for the move was wanting to spend a lot more time outdoors and not having to get in the car in order to go for a walk as we had to in London. We have spent the last year getting the house and garden in order but now are turning our attention to the local area more.

Over the summer I read a couple of articles about small woodland owners and immediately fell in love with the idea. I would love to own a small slice of woodland nearby - to conserve it for future generations, to spend time in it, and to harvest fuel from it.

Any tips as to how I best find my slice of woodland are more than welcome. And if there is anyone else around from Woking then do let me know.

Chris
Chrisk

Re: Hello from Woking

Postby The Barrowers » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:30 pm

Hello Welcome Many people dip their toe in the water but find it a bit deep. Preserver, ask questions and it is likely the best choice you make for a good while, Woodland.Co.UK and others market small parcels of larger woods that may be of interest to you. We have spent the last 4 days cutting wood for home, clearing tracks, watching badgers and foxes at dusk, buzzards during the day, getting closer to my hornets nest which is fascinating and sitting around a fire with no radio or TV listening to things I know and thing I can only guess at.

Take time visit many, Viewing is Free and Interesting. You will only buy one ( or two ) that you get a feel from. You may have regrets in life, some are that you never did things you thought you would enjoy.
B and T
The Barrowers
The Barrowers

Return to Introductions