Small Woodland Owners' Group

Skills register

Anything to do with SWOG Membership, meetings and find people with skills to offer

Re: Skills register

Postby Chunkymunky » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:39 pm

Hmm ok. I am Malvern based, don't have a woodland although I help my uncle manage his few acres and am looking into having my own.

Have spent time as a carpenter/joiner ( worked at Black Country museum briefly) and can put my hand to most wood based constructions on a smaller basis.

I have been more recently a confined spaces rescue person and currently survey water courses. Mostly for Anglian water but nationwide too. I know how to investigate flooding issues, resolutions and legalities.

Beaten up land rover owner and pretty useful at times. Looking into small scale woodland assistance work. Clearance of fallen and unsafe wood, coppicing too.

I enjoy just being out there. Recent convert to woodturning. On a powered lathe at the moment but moving on to pole soon as going on some courses.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361479168.956869.jpg
Chunkymunky

Postby Chunkymunky » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:26 pm

Lil update. I am now booked onto several courses including drystone walling, hedgelaying and chainsaw certs. I am pretty busy now!
Chunkymunky

Postby rdbooth » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:52 pm

I have an 36" Alaskan mill and a mini digger, specialities include scrub clearance, weed spraying, fencing, mowing, strimming, topping, planting, log supplies, landscaping, tree work, hedging, etc etc, in fact just about anything, no job too small based in dorset but can travel to surrounding areas rich
Richard dot booth at yahoo dot co dot uk hope this makes sense
rdbooth

Postby rdbooth » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:37 pm

Sorry got email wrong for above
Richard d booth at yahoo dot co dot uk :roll:
rdbooth

Postby Woodsmith » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:05 pm

Herefordshire based blacksmith with 30 years experience- can offer advice and encouragement on all aspects of hot forging including toolmaking, decorative and practical forgework, welding and fabrication, basic forge and equipment construction, what books to buy.

Will also be offering low impact basic blacksmithing courses using charcoal, collected rainwater, bellows etc. starting hopefully this Autumn.

Not particularly relevant :also own a battered Land rover and a 1953 Panther motorcycle and know them intimately. Play blues harmonica and Northumbrian small pipes

Andy

Website http://www.andrew-findlay.com

email [email protected]
Woodsmith

Postby Tony Rentokil » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:26 pm

Hi All please see my introduction post. Tony Rentokil,I am rentokils major,deer control manager, due to retire,I would like to offer my services,free of charge.
So if you find you have a deer problem,how ever small please,get in touch.
Thank You so much.
Regards Tony.
Tony Rentokil

Postby Dexter's Shed » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:35 pm

Tony Rentokil wrote:Hi All please see my introduction post. Tony Rentokil,I am rentokils major,deer control manager, due to retire,I would like to offer my services,free of charge.
So if you find you have a deer problem,how ever small please,get in touch.
Thank You so much.
Regards Tony.

oi tony, get to the back of the queue, night working underground pest controller for rentokil here already :lol:
Dexter's Shed

Postby redwoodtrees » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:24 pm

Hello,
As probably the newest member joining, I have been in Forestry and Forest related services for 50 years or more. I can offer help in choosing tools and chain saws and especially replacement chains for chain saws of all sizes. If you are thinking of buying a new chain saw or pruning saw , or brushcutter or even buying a new chain for your saw, please get in touch for an honest review of what you want to buy.
Thanks.. Colin
redwoodtrees

Postby The Barrowers » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:25 pm

Thanks for offer Always so much to choose from Money v Value is always a factor A Husqvarna man myself
B and T
The Barrowers
The Barrowers

Previous

Return to Member issues, skills register and questions